Have you tried to open Sage, but the splash screen comes up but then it won’t start up or open? This can be due to a number of reasons but if it has happened in the last week or so then read on.
Sage Support have been inundated with support calls, as a recent Windows Update’ has changed a background setting which basically stops Sage from being able to start up.
What is the problem?
The update for Windows has been found to deactivate Microsoft .NET 3.5 which is used by Sage 50 Accounts.
What are the Symptoms ?
This may cause one of the following errors or issues:
- The message ‘You have entered an invalid password’ appears
- The message ‘Unable to register datasource’ appears
- Sage Accounts freezes on the splash window – the window that appears as the software opens.
How Can you Fix It ?
To activate Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.
- Hold down the Windows key and press X then click Control Panel.
Windows 7 and below – Click the Start menu then click Control Panel.
- Click Programs and Features and then click Turn Windows features on or off.
- Select the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 check box then click OK.
- Click Download files from Windows Update, then click Restart now.
Need More Help?
If these steps do not solve your issues then if you have Sage Cover then do get in touch with the help lines direct. If however you don’t have Sage Cover then Paul here at Silicon Bullet can remotely link into your system to help sort the issue. Just get in touch with us for support.